Five Facts About Eco-Adventures
Looking to experience a true South Florida adventure? Embark on a self-guided paddleboard or kayak tour along the renowned Intracoastal Waterway, leading to nature preserves and scenic mangrove-covered trails. Waterway Adventures is located at the 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill tiki hut, conveniently across the street from the resort. End your water adventure with island-inspired bites, a cold one in hand, and your toes in the sand!
Before you go, learn five interesting facts about eco-adventures!
1. The nature preserve is three miles long, accessible only by non-motorized vehicles such as kayaks and stand-up paddle boards.
2. The Intracoastal Waterway is connected to the ocean and consists mainly of salt water. Alligators enjoy fresh water and are not found in the immediate area.
3. Some wildlife you may encounter while kayaking or paddleboarding includes manatees, dolphins, rays, iguanas, crabs, and various birds. So, make sure to keep an eye out while on your adventure!
4. Beginners are welcome and encouraged as lessons are included for free with any rental and waterproof phone cases, lockers, water guns, and coolers.
5. Although our beautiful nature preserve is kept pristine, any trash found in the preserve and returned is rewarded with a prize from our treasure chest.
The standup paddleboards, kayaks, natures, and more are open seven days a week from 9 am to 6 pm.
Please contact our water sports gurus to book your rental or fun-filled experience!