Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort’s Flowrider® Instructors ‘hang 10’ With Number One Titles In The 2018 Flow Tour
Resort’s Beachfront FlowRider® Double Offers a Variety of Special Promotions for Resort Guests and Locals
954-716-7614 or MVResortPR@HemsworthCommunications.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hollywood, Fla. – May 14, 2018 – Extreme fun demands passion and persistence. Add to that, a great deal of personality and there is little surprise that Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort’s two lead FlowRider® instructors placed first in their respective categories during the 2018 FLOW (Flowboarding League of the World) Tour. The event took place at Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach on Saturday, April 28, and marked the second stop for the national tour, drawing more than 70 competitors from around the country.
Nate Murray (pictured right) placed first in the Pro Rider division during this year’s event. Ranked number seven in the world, Murray has worked the FlowRider® Double at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort for two years. A snowboarder since third grade, Murray’s adrenaline rushes escalated to skateboarding in middle school and blossomed after college with the discovery of flowboarding. “It’s a fun and challenging sport,” said Murray. “Working at the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort FlowRider® gives me the opportunity to teach guests and locals, sharing how much fun this sport can be!”
Charles Lisowsky (pictured left), competed for the first time and placed first in the Amateur division. “I was supposed to go boating one day, but the weather did not cooperate,” recounted Lisowsky. “I tried the FlowRider and instantly became obsessed!”
Lisowsky joined Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort soon after and has continued to hone his skills. “I teach adults and children about the sport, techniques and moves, so that they can improve and come back,” he added.
“Both Nate and Charles are exceptional athletes and are the essence of escapism and fun,” said Cate Farmer, Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort’s general manager. “They are the best of the best and their passion for the sport translates to inspiration for adventurers of all ages.”
That includes seven-year-old Riley Binder. Riley has been taking lessons on the resort’s FlowRider® for the last four months and placed second in the Youth division at the same competition as his instructors.
Resort guests and locals can experience extreme fun every day at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort’s FlowRider® surf simulator experience where they can “hang ten” and ride the waves while enjoying some fun in the sun. Both resort guests and locals can take advantage of special offers throughout the summer season.
Special Promotions for Guests
- Unlimited Day Pass – Guests can enjoy a daily pass and ride unlimited Mondays through Fridays for $95.
- Surf’s Up Special – With the “Surfs Up” special, guests can buy a 30-minute session and get an additional 30 minutes for free Fridays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Coupon Special – Guests can use their coupon to purchase a one-hour session and receive an additional 30-minute session free!
Special Promotions for Locals
- Summer 2 for 1 Special – Locals can enjoy two 30-minute sessions for the price of one – valid Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hang 10 Special – Locals can hang 10 and enjoy 10 minutes of flowboarding for $10 Mondays through Fridays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday College Special – Students can buy a 30-minute session and get an additional 30 minutes for free with a student ID daily from 3 p. m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday Locals Special – Locals can purchase a 30-minute session and get an additional 30 minutes free daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Florida Residents – Florida residents can enjoy a FlowRider® day pass for $95 Mondays through Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Military Discount – As a small token of the resort’s appreciation for service members, the resort offers a free 30-minute session with the purchase of an additional 30-minute session upon presentation of a military ID.
- Saturday Jam Sessions – Locals can jam out on the resort’s FlowRider® every Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. with the house DJ who accepts song requests to help riders find their flow.
The FlowRider® is open from Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours of operation may vary depending on weather and special events. For additional information on the FlowRider®, please visit https://www.margaritavillehollywoodbeachresort.com/activities/flowrider/ or contact the FlowCierge Desk at (954) 874-4444.
For lessons and other information on the resort, please visit www.margaritavillehollywoodbeachresort.com or call (954) 842-7907. Follow Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MargaritavilleHollywoodBeachResort/ and on Twitter and Instagram at @MVille_HBR.
About Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort
The AAA Four Diamond-rated Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is a 17-story, 349-room destination resort and entertainment complex offering an authentic, “no worries” tropical vibe inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of singer, songwriter and best-selling author Jimmy Buffett. Designed to offer an extensive array of amenities combined with a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to detail, this oceanfront resort is located just minutes from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades on the famed Broadwalk in Hollywood, Florida. The perfect setting for guests to escape the everyday and just chill, the resort features multiple diverse restaurant concepts, a full-service spa with eleven treatment rooms, a state-of-the-art oceanfront fitness center, an array of shopping outlets, 30,000 square-feet of flexible function space, an extensive on-site water recreation area with multiple pools, FlowRider® Double and three live entertainment venues. Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is professionally co-managed by Davidson and Margaritaville. Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is a part of Margaritaville's growing collection of hotels and resorts. Today, the global lifestyle brand features 12 lodging locations across the Southeast United States and Caribbean with more than 20 additional locations in the pipeline.